Wednesday, February 3

Nursery Rhymes

With so many friends and family having babies or finding out they are pregnant, I though I would share some adorable nursery ideas. Doing Beckett's nursery was one of my favorite projects of the last six months. It is so fun to work with bright, playful colors that you might be apprehensive to use elsewhere in your home. I hope you are INSPIRED by some of these cute, cute rooms!

I wanted all the letters above his crib to be different. The letters pictured are from Urban Outfitters, Pottery Barn Kids, Anthropologie & Michaels. We painted an accent wall aqua and the rest of the walls are neutral stripes.
This "rocking giraffe" is one of my favorite toys in his room. One of my very best friends got it for him. I'm not sure where it is from but I can ask if anyone is interested.
All of the alphabet cards above his changing table are of vintage tools. I picked these out more for his Daddy but I'm sure he will love them one day.
All of his bedding is from target.com. It's chocolate and cream poka dots and stripes!
This rocking chair was mine when I was a baby. Ben painted it a tomato red to match the changing table, which was also in my nursery.
The modern lines of the pendant lamp and side table update the very traditional crib and glider
I love the soft colors in this nursery. It has the feel of the "hundred acre woods" minus winnie the pooh!
What a glamorous nursery for a little lady. The wall paper is fabulous. I love it!!
I think the colors in this room work for a boy or a girl but with different accessories, like adding a pink chandelier, you can make the room more personal for either gender.
So bright and fun. I like the use of yellow and red as opposed to traditional nursery colors.
What a fun mobile and a great DIY project.

More great ideas!

*The first five pictures are Beckett's nursery and the rest of the pictures I found on Flikr

Enjoy and congratulations to all that have had little ones recently or are expecting, you know who you are :)


No comments:

Post a Comment